Thursday, October 8, 2009

Feels So Good!

When I came to Utah State, I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I got here and quickly learned that I had absolutely no idea!

My first semester here I was majoring in elementary education. I love kids, so I thought to myself, 'Hey, why not be a teacher? Sure! Why not?' Guess what? I hated it!

About three-quarters of the way through that semester I got out of that. I switched to exercise science. I'm not huge into working out or anything, but it was health related and would be good for my newest plan, becoming a physician's assistant. I started in the classes, anatomy, sport psychology, etc. and it didn't take long to realize that wasn't where I really wanted to be either. I liked the things I was learning, but I didn't LOVE it. There was no passion in what I was doing. To me, that's the most important thing.

From there, I really struggled. I had zero idea where I wanted to go with my life. And then I realized something. If it's about doing the things you love, why wasn't I? The things I love most are people. I love being with them and I love being involved. I love the involvement and leadership side of my college experience. Well guess what? You can do it as your job! There are two incredible women who work with us as student leaders. They get paid to do the fun part of college forever! I realized that that was what I wanted, no, what I needed to do. I had never felt so good about any decision! Without any hesitation I changed my major, once again, to public relations.

I am now SO happy! Every time I'm in one of my JCOM classes, I feel so good! Even if it's a boring day, I still love it! The things I'm learning are great, my professors rock, and I'm just enjoying it. Life is so good right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!