Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Things I Ponder Late At Night

Miss Natalie is one of my favorite bloggers ever.
Her posts are hilarious.
She has a handsome husband and a darling baby.
Today, she wrote this post...




And as I commented on her post, I will now spend far too much time thinking about who I am. 
Even in sticking solely to Meg's characters, I have some of the qualities (or strive to have) in many of her characters. 
I have some of the same flaws.
I'm a hopeless romantic.
Nothing would make me happier than a bouquet of daisies or of newly sharpened pencils.
I fall for my best friends. (ie When Harry Met Sally)

I make hasty decisions (like when Kate flies off to France to win Charlie back), but like Kathleen, I can never find the words to say to someone in the moment of spite. And on the rare occasion I do, I immediately regret it. 
I could keep going. I could find the similarities between me, Kate McKay,Kathleen, Anastasia, Sally, Catherine Boyd, Annie, Maggie Rice...


However, when you look closely, I think I'm mostly Annie Reed. 


For one, I'm a journalist. Makes sense. I am not ashamed to admit that I do my share of online stalking (though it's much easier now than it was for her). I sing/talk to the radio when I'm alone (or not). I have my movies that I can quote verbatim, (ironically they are mostly Meg Ryan movies). And let's face it. I don't want to be in love, I want to be in love in a movie...


I'm sure many of you out there won't understand, but thinking about this tonight was absolutely fascinating. 
Who are you?
(it doesn't even have to be a Meg Ryan role, plus if you're a dude that could be weird. But we all have those movies in our lives.)

And now I'm going to put in a Meg movie and fall asleep. 


(also, go read Nat's blog! You'll laugh your head off, and it's all real!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!