Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Outcasts United

This video is kind of long, but I promise it will be worth your time. Their story is amazing.

 

As part of A-Team, we do a class the week before school starts called Connections. As part of the class, each student reads the same book and writes a paper on it. We read it too so we can discuss and everything. This year's book is the story of the Fugees, Outcasts United: A Refugee Team, and American Town, by Warren St. John. St. John is a writer for the New York Times who heard about the Fugees team and felt it needed to be shared. Last year, I read the book very last minute, but this year I had the opportunity to read it early so I could meet with the university president and talk about it. I LOVED this book! I read it fast, but because I couldn't put it down. I HIGHLY recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!