365 days from now, I will be 25. Not only that, but I will be turning 25 on the 25th.
Something about that birthday has always seemed magical to me.
The "golden birthday" always seemed so far away when I was growing up, but all of a sudden it's staring me right in the face.
I'm scared of this whole growing up thing. My whole life I wanted it all to go faster and now I just really need it to slow down.
But like it or not, I'm now in my mid-twenties. I'm not necessarily where or who or doing what I thought I would be at this point in my life, but you know what? That's entirely ok.
For this next year leading up to 25 I've compiled a list. A list of things I want to do, feel and experience in the next year. They seem individually insignificant, but at the same time, the idea thrills me. I'm excited to see what happens!
- Go somewhere new. All by myself.
- Have some sort of significant cash in my bank account.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Pull an all-nighter.
- Find a new hobby.
- Completely unplug for an entire day.
- Read more.
- Try something new.
- Develop a cooking repertoire.
- Go to the ballet.
- Splurge on something I probably don't need.
- Keep a plant alive.
- Catch a fish.
- Watch at least the top 10 movies on AFI's 100 Years 100 Movies list.
- Sew something.
- Meet someone who will become very important to me.
- Learn how to better deal with mornings.
- Get my body back to the one I was growing to love and feel proud of.
- Play the piano more and remind myself why I fell in love with it in the first place.
- Become more dedicated in my church habits.
- Balance my soda intake with other good stuff (because saying I'd cut Diet Coke out completely is just silly)
- Go to more of the Utah temples.
- Read the Book of Mormon again.
- Finish all of the pieces and projects of my masters degree.
- Decrease what I owe on my car to at least half of what it is now.
And there you have it. 25 things to accomplish in the next year. Wish me luck!