Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Two Neuroses Knowing that they are a Perfect Match

"You make a million decisions that mean nothing and then one day
you order take-out and it changes your life."

25 years ago today, two people made a decision. 
At the time, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. 
For all they knew, it was going to be a regular Saturday night. 


These two people left that night for a dance in this building. 
These two people should have known each other already. 
They knew the same people and were a part of the same groups. 
Yet, for some reason, their paths had never crossed. 

Within just a few hours, these people's lives, and the lives of so many others were changed. 

25 years ago today, these two met. 


I go back and forth between if I believe in the idea of soul mates/destiny/etc. 
I know life isn't like the stories we see in movies.
Sure, there is probably more than one person I could be ok spending forever with,
(if that's the case though, you'd think I'd have found one... haha)
But what if one of them hadn't gone to this dance? 
What if she showed up an hour later? 
What if he'd left before they talked?

One thing's for sure, these three people wouldn't be around. 


It makes me wonder. 
With all of the tiny decisions I make every day, what effect will they have later on? 
How are all these pieces fitting together to lead me to my Mr. Right? 
What if I make the wrong decisions?

I know my parents' marriage isn't perfect. 
But I don't know anyone whose is. 
They've been through a lot and have been able to make it work. 
I'm so grateful they each made the choice to go that dance 25 years ago. 
They are my idols, my rocks, my everything. 
Technically, I wouldn't be here without them, but really, I wouldn't be who I am without them.
I want to be like them when I grow up and look forward to them helping me through the phases of life they've already conquered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!