Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls

So it's Wednesday. Generally Wednesdays are reserved for Wednesday Wisdom, but you'll notice I've been kind of MIA lately. Maybe I'm all out of wisdom? Maybe I'm just tired? Who knows.

Anyway. My cute friend Alyssa (for real though, check her out and she can be your cute friend too! HERE) writes Wednesday Wonderfuls posts, talking about the good things that are happening. Those are pretty plentiful right now, so this week, that's what you get.

  • I have a new job! Well, another job is more accurate, because it's not like any of the others are going anywhere. I'm headed back to my roots of the good ol' Texas Roadhouse. Working at the Marana one in high school was so fun and provided some of my fondest memories from those days. It will be tough to not compare this one to Marana, but I'm still excited. I have orientation this weekend and then training next week... After that, come visit me!
  • I found out that along with paying for school, I'm going to get a $500/month stipend from Athletics. I've been getting that the last couple months and it has made SUCH a difference. I'm so much less stressed about money which makes me so much less stressed about everything else.
  • The awkward yet entertaining moment of yesterday goes as such. I call my dad who answers the phone while someone asks him if he's seen the Rocky Horror Picture show. I pipe in and say "Oh man, I love Rocky Horror!" At which point I feel immediate regret, because that's not the kind of movie you admit to your parents you've seen, let alone love. Dad just laughs, says "Of course I've seen it! It's great!"
  • I spend a lot of time with my boss' kids. They come hang out in my office every day and are so funny. Yesterday, a coworker offered a cookie to the younger one, saying he needed to eat it quick before his brother got there. The brother is one of the no-gluten kind of people, so we didn't want him to feel bad. D thinks about it for a second and says "Yeah, I'll have it. I like the glutens!" I like the glutens too, bud. Glutens are my favorite. Things like that happen every single day and make me laugh so hard! We have all sorts of summer plans including the two of them playing on baseball teams. Can't wait to watch them!
  • Speaking of summer... it's practically here! SnoShack opened on Saturday and one barbecue is already under the belt. Both things signify that it's for real. We finished our finals a week earlier than regular finals week, so it's been interesting to sit around this week while everyone is frantic and stressed about tests. The downside is, we have summer classes, so it starts all over again on Monday night.
  • Amy and I found out yesterday that we can move into our new apartment anytime! We were supposedly going to have to wait until June 1, but the manager called us yesterday and said we're good whenever! We have a lot going on and have contracts to deal with and such, so we're still waiting til May 20, but that sounds a lot sooner than June 1! Can't wait. We have all sorts of ideas planned for the summer.
  • Oooh... one of those plans includes hitting up as many Utah temples (ok, 'hitting up' sounded odd there...) as we can during the next few months. However, we found out yesterday that if you're going to do baptisms in a temple outside of your district (so any temple other than Logan) you have to bring your own names. That's a whole lot of names! Two (sometimes three) people, 12 temples, adds up pretty quick! We'll try and round up as many as we can, but if you or anyone you know have names that need baptisms done, we are more than happy to help!
Ok, I think you get the picture. Things are lovely right now. I could keep going I'm sure, but I don't want to bore you :) I hope you have a lovely Wednesday and encourage to think of all the things going well right now, rather than the not-so-great things. It makes a difference, I swear! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! Wow you have so many great things going on! My stake office has a box full of names for the temple that anyone can go grab and then bring back when the work is done. You could see if your stake has something similar. Or just use my stake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever need names I know a man who has hundreds of names that he is trying to get done. I used to go every week but since having a baby that has diminished, but let me know if you want names! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!