Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home...

It's amazing how much I've come to love this place in the last five years...

Anyone who knew me those first few months knows I was not a happy camper...

As we drove out to his house tonight so many memories came flooding back from all the other times I've made that drive.

The birthdays, the mission farewells/homecomings (Travis comes home TODAY b-t-dubs. And Kalob will be here before too long), and other random shenanigans.

The saguaro cactuses and mountains silhouette against the moonlit desert sky while you avoid the coyotes running in the road. The air already smells of an impending monsoon storm.

The fact that the evening was spent with six of my very favorite people didn't hurt either...

I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!