Friday, September 3, 2010

Fear Itself

Fear is a funny thing. 
I'm not someone who is often afraid, but the last few days have given me quite a few things to think and worry about.

They changed our ward boundaries up again. 
Anyone who knows me knows I love the 47th ward.
It's more than a ward, it's a family.
Well we're back in the old ward that we did not love. 
That terrifies me.

Tonight I went in for the typical "Get to know you interview" with the bishop.
It turned into one of those get a calling kind of meetings.
It's something I'm very unfamiliar with.
Very new territory. 
It terrifies me.

And then there's the boy...
Things are going very well, don't you worry.
It's just still very new to me. 
But I love it.
It scares me, but it's a good kind of fear :)

"We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience
in which we really stop to look fear in the face.
We must do that which we think we cannot."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

"Courage is not the absence of fear, 
but rather the judgment that 
something else is more important than fear."
-Ambrose Redmoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!