Thursday, November 18, 2010

Why Today is Not My Favorite

I don't like today.
I want to go back to bed and start over.

I woke up this morning and felt like crap. 
My head and throat hurt and I felt like throwing up.
When I feel like that, my first instinct is to go back to bed.
We don't really do a lot in my 9:00 class, so missing it isn't a huge deal.
Most of the time.
When I woke up again two hours later, I remembered that today wasn't any normal day in class.
That's right, it was test day.
Awesome.
So I e-mailed the professor in hopes that he'll let me make it up.
He's pretty chill, so I think I'll be fine.

I think the headache and sore throat/lack of voice may be more than just leftover from the game last night.
Not a fan.
I don't have time to be sick.

Then I get a text from my editor telling me my story isn't complete enough to run.
Even though the other editor said I'd be fine yesterday.
So I have to add to it and whatever.
The problem is, I can't get a hold of the other sources.
They're the reason the story wasn't complete enough.
So now I'm frantically trying to get a hold of them so I can add to it.
Thing is, I don't actually have time to be doing that.
I put off other stuff (that I'll get to in a minute) so I could get that article done yesterday.
I have class, work, etc. that I really can't just drop. 

I have a test in another class today too.
At least I remembered this one.
I'm just not all the way ready for it.
He straight-up gave us most the answers, I just haven't memorized them yet.
I have to go take it at some point this afternoon.

Today I also have to do an interview for another Statesman article.
This whole writing for two sections thing takes a lot more time than I thought it would.
Add in two writing classes, and I feel like that's all I ever do.
(I have one for class due tomorrow too)
I love it, but it takes a lot of time.

I have a ton of research to do for a class project.
I have work.
I have another class.
I have a meeting.
Plus all the crap that's still going on after last night's game.
(Really though, don't bring it up again, I'm over it. I hate drama.)

I have too much.
Today is just too much for me.

Also, this song kind of defining my life right now.



Long story.
I love it, but it kind of sucks.
It's frustrating.

Anyway.
That is why I hate today.
I'm ready for tomorrow.
This weekend has excellent potential.
Wendover. Football. Finally catching up with Amy. Hopefully Jason's homecoming.
And I really will post about last weekend soon.
When I'm in a better mood.

1 comment:

  1. If there isn't time for tests and studying maybe we are losing focus on the main purpose of being in school.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!