Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Epic Moment of the Day

Once upon a time I was at the airport. 
As I was standing in line at Burger King, a certain man named Jerry Sloan walks past me.
He and I were both on the phone, and not wanting to act like the obnoxious superfan I could have been, I chose not to do anything.
Then as I was walking to the bookstore to pick up a tacky tabloid, as is my flying tradition, I saw him again.
Turns out he's also going to Atlanta, just a couple hours before us.
This time, I got brave. 
(even though my insides were all sorts of nervous and excited.)
I walked past him and said "Hey Coach." and that was all. Then he smiled and said "Hey there, how's it going?"
And then my life was complete.
The end.

1 comment:

  1. His kid went to my school last year. He was in homeroom next door to my classroom. My friend was his homeroom teacher and at parent teacher conferences always had to restrain herself from being weird around Jerry. The funny thing is, like me, she isn't really into sports.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!