Saturday, December 31, 2011

Here we Go

Tonight.
We are young
So let's set the world on fire
We can burn brighter
Than the sun



Tonight. 
Or 2012.
It's all the same. 

This is a big year. 
You know, minor things like graduating from college. 
This is the year I grow up
This is MY year. 

I don't do resolutions.
They're often forced, then just forgotten about. 
My sweet friend Stephanie calls it her to-do list
and that's exactly how I think of it. 

PHYSICAL
I know it's cliche to strive to lose weight at the beginning of the year.
Mine is different though. 
I'm not going to set a number on it.
Not on the pounds lost or the sizes dropped. 
It's all about the health factor.
I just want to feel healthy.
I want to feel pretty. 
I want to feel confident.
All the time. 

SPIRITUAL
Lately I have been really terrible at staying consistent in my personal prayer and scripture study. 
It's one of those things that I know is necessary. 
I know my life goes a lot more smoothly when I do these things. 
I need to be better about making it a priority to go to Institute. 
I will pay my tithing when I get paid.
That way I won't forget about it and will stay on top of it. 

EMOTIONAL
Like I said, this is a big year.
There are a lot of changes coming up.
I don't like change. 
Especially big ones. 
Any time I think about it all, I get terrified.
I stress out . I think of all the things that could go wrong. 
I just need to remember that it will all be alright. 
Everything that needs to will work out.


"Seize the day boys. Make your lives extraordinary." 

The world is on my side
I have no reason to run 

(thank you Fun. for the lyrics)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!