Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sleigh Bells Ring...


click play first!

Here's the thing.
I absolutely ADORE Christmas.
Like, a lot.

I love the music.
I love the snow.
I love the decorations.
I love the sparkle.
I love the family.
I love the tradition.
I love the Spirit.

I love it all.
So, so much.

I generally try to wait until the day after my birthday to start listening to Christmas music,.
It was getting difficult this year, because there are so many great new albums out. I've had my Spotify playlist under construction for a whole week!
Then this morning, I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground. My birthday isn't til Thursday, so I wasn't quite ok with it.
(speaking of birthdays... 23!? Where did you come from!?)
Anyway.
To combat the feelings of sadness the snow was giving me, I turned on the Christmas music.
Instantly, the snow went from wet and cold and ugly to soft and cold and beautiful.

I always get some flack for my early celebration, but guess what?
I don't even care.
Mock all you want, but I can guarantee that I will be so much happier than you these next few weeks because of it.

There are so many songs (and arrangements of songs) and so little time if you wait til after Thanksgiving.
Why wait?

So, I'm going back to my Christmas Pinterest-ing and Christmas singing.
And I'm going to love every second of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!