Monday, November 12, 2012

Imperfections

I overthink
Over-analyze
And overreact.

I forget that I can't make other people's decisions for them.

I am sarcastic and snarky,
Often at inappropriate times.

I tend to speak before I think.

I'm not good at expressing my negative emotions.
I keep them bottled up and put on a happy face.
Then I act crazy and blame things on others, when really no one knows what's going on.

I struggle to find the line between being humble and being gracious.
Sincere compliments are hard for me to accept.

I am impatient.
I am selfish.

I'm scared to grow up.

But this is me.
I'm flawed.
I'm far from perfect.
I strive to be better, but can't do it on my own.

But you, my someone (wherever and whoever you are), this is where you come in.
You love me anyway.
In fact, you love me because of it.
Not in spite of it.
Together, we work. We will become better with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!