Saturday, November 21, 2009

Words That Speak

Every once in awhile I'll come across a song with lyrics that really seem to understand me. Usually it's songs I've recently discovered, but every year around this time, Donny Osmond's "The Kid in Me" reminds me of everything I love and how much I never want to grow up.
Today I ran all over Logan because I wanted a Christmas coloring book. I was not going to give up until I found one! I ended up at Walgreen's and found not just one, but FOUR coloring books for only 50 cents each!! Mickey Mouse, Sesame Street, Peanuts and CARS!! I'm set!
Everything about the Christmas season gets me excited. I love twinkling Christmas lights and happy Christmas music. (Yes, I listen to it before Thanksgiving) I love the spirit and service of the season. I love the food and the family. I love finally being able to go home for awhile. I love snow. I love Christmas cookies.
I love the sights, the smells, the sounds and the tastes of the holiday season.
It's funny how Christmas brings out the kid in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!