Friday, November 20, 2009

Bragging Moment

So this week I started writing for The Statesman, our campus newspaper.
I got my first assignment on Tuesday to cover the speech to be given Thursday by the Rwandan Ambassador.
I was told it would run on Friday. (That's today.)
I went to the speech, loved it, wrote what I felt like was a great story.
This morning, I look at a copy of the paper, and there, on the front page, above the fold, is my story. MY STORY! This was my very first one and I was definitely not expecting that!! Needless to say, I freaked out a little bit.
So here you go, for those of you who are not at Utah State, here's the online version of our paper if you're interested in reading it.

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, am EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOU! The article is beautifully written...and SO deserves to be on the front page! Congratulations, my dear, for a job well done. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Megan!! And front page no less.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!