Sunday, December 20, 2009

Songs With a Story

I have a love/hate relationship with a few songs. They are songs I love, but they bring back so many memories. For the most part they are good memories, but ones that are hard to deal with at certain times. Most of my really good friends are a year older than me, and most of them are guys. Due to those factors, most of them are out on missions right now. I miss them like crazy, and a lot of these memory-filled songs are memories of them.
Whenever I hear Here (In Your Arms) I think of Jeff and Zeb. We went to the midnight showing of Spiderman 3 and when we were driving home at 3 a.m., we rocked out to this song. Windows down, music and air blasting to keep us awake, we drove down Ina. We were the only ones on the road and managed to hit every red light. Finally, we got home, went to bed, and the three of us drove to seminary just two and a half hours later.
One Year, Six Months reminds me of the same group of guys. They are all very talented when it comes to music. They can all sing and play guitar. This was one of their favorites and we would all sing it all the time.
Last year, when Just Dance came out, Erin and I had this thing that whenever we heard it, no matter where we were, we had to do just that, dance. Whoever heard it had to text the other and let them know at which point that person had to dance as well. No matter where we were, we danced.
The song Breakeven will now always remind me of Tate. He introduced me to the band, but he has been so much more than that for me. He graduated this semester but luckily (for me anyway, I know he wants a real job and to move on) he's sticking around Logan for awhile :)
My junior year of choir (or maybe it was senior year... I can never keep them straight) we sang Billy Joel's And So It Goes. We rocked it, don't even worry. Since then, I've been in love with that song, and every time I hear it, I think of choir and how much I love and miss it.
I love Aggie basketball. We know this already. At the start of each second half, we jam out to Ozzy's Crazy Train. I can't hear this without thinking of basketball. A couple of weeks before the season started, I was in the library and it came up on my iPod. I grinned and I knew my feet were tapping in rhythm. The people around me were giving me funny looks, but I didn't care.
For A-Team, we have our intro video that plays at the beginning of SOAR days. Such Great Heights was one of the songs that played on the video of A-Team, Never Back Down '09. From here on out, I will think of the fabulousness (I may or may not have just made up that word on the spot) of the summer of 2009. The friends/family I made, the good times I had...
Those are just a few of the memories I have of certain songs and the way they have affected me. I know there are more. What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!