Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fortune Cookies

We got home with our bag with our bag of Chinese food tonight and after making sure we each had OUR fortune cookie (because naturally, it's fate. YOUR fate, meaning you'd best have your own cookie) we sat down to watch Fame. (Excellent movie by the way.)

After I was done eating, I slowly opened the wrapper and snapped the cookie in half. I look down and see these words staring back at me:

Yes, do it in confidence.

Amazing.

Everywhere I go, the answer is hitting me right in the face.

Even if I don't win, I'm going to give it all I've got.

At a leadership conference in August, each person present made a promise to the others there and to themselves. Each person said "This year, I will ______."

This year, I will take chances.

Well then. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

1 comment:

  1. little do the Chinese restaurants know that when they hand you that cookie, it all can make a different... Words of wisdom always come from those little delicious cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!