Friday, October 1, 2010

Distinctive Memories.

It's amazing how some days of your life stand out
and how clearly you remember them.

Yesterday marked the 10-year anniversary
of when my sweet grandma passed away.

Even though I was only 10, and it was so long ago
I remember that day very clearly.

Kind of like how everyone remembers September 11th.

I remember saying goodbye.
I sat in a chair.
Someone handed me a vanilla shake.
I don't think I had processed it all the way.

I don't remember a whole lot about the funeral.
I wore my black/flowered crushed velvet skirt
with the purple satin shirt.

I know all the grandkids took a turn talking about her.
I remember I changed what I was going to say at the last minute.
I don't remember what I said.

I got to ride in the limo with the pallbearers, my cousins.
My sister and I are the only girls on that side
and she was too young.

I can't believe it's been 10 years.
Things have come so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!