Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Always Just What I Need

There's something so wonderful about the stories of the prophet Joseph Smith's time in Liberty Jail. I mean, it's a terrible experience, but it's definitely my favorite part of Church history to talk about. I learn something new or it at least strikes me a different way every single time.

Today was one of those days.

This story reminds me that my life really isn't that hard. I may get stressed and overwhelmed, (and by may, I of course mean I do), but it really could be a lot worse.

I can't imagine living that life. Joseph had it terrible, but then there's Emma who had to experience a whole other side of it.

It also reminds me that no matter what, Heavenly Father is there. It doesn't matter what my trial might be, he's there to make it easier.

The Joseph Smith movie is easily my favorite movie the Church has put out. It never gets old, there's never a time I don't cry while watching it. I couldn't find the Liberty Jail part in one piece of video, it got split right in the middle... But here it is if you feel like watching it.

It's all great, but the Liberty stuff starts at 9:14 and ends at 5:05 of the second one


I was a crying mess by the end of class, don't even worry. 
Between this and a story Bro. Maughan told, there were few dry eyes in the room.

Institute was really just incredible this week. 
On Monday we talked about everything that will happen at Adam-Ondi-Ahman at the time of the Second Coming. 

Girls, no matter how much you may try to deny it, we can tend to get jealous of the things the men in our lives may get to experience because of the Priesthood. One of those things is the first meeting with all sorts of church leaders; prophets, apostles, and Christ. 

Brother Maughan put it so simply and so beautifully that it doesn't bother me at all. 
"Let the men do our jobs.
 Let us protect you and provide for you.
Let us use our Priesthood for you, for the way it was intended."

Done and done. Men, go do your thing. Just take care of us along the way. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure I have a fail-proof plan to secure a spot in Adam-ondi-ahman.
    Well, there will be lots of people, right? and they will need clean water to drink, right? and how many mormon watershed hydrologists do you know?? I will gladly volunteer for the job when the time comes.

    Done and done.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!