Saturday, February 19, 2011

Time After Time

It's interesting what time makes you realize.
You grow, learn, and understand so much over time.
Things you didn't get at one point become clear.
You figure out a little bit more of who you are.

A year ago, I was getting ready run for a student government position here at Utah State.
I gave it my all, and I really wanted it.
I spent a ton of time and a ton of money trying to make that happen.
In the end, I didn't win.

At that point, I was devastated.
I had felt so good about running. I had prayed about it, and thought really hard about it.
I knew it was what I needed to do.
If that was the case, why didn't I come out ahead?

Turns out Heavenly Father really does know what he's doing.
Weird, eh?

Here I am, a year later, and I'm as happy as ever.

I honestly think I would have been miserable if I had won the election and had spent this year in office.
I don't do drama well, and there was a lot of that this year.
I stayed involved with ASUSU for awhile, but by October I pretty much lost interest.

It just wasn't ME anymore.

Enter, the Utah Statesman.

Ok, that wasn't when it entered into my life per se,
I've been there since the fall of 2009, but all of a sudden I really found my place.
I changed over to writing for the sports section and that was the greatest thing of my life.
It just fits.

A year ago, I thought I was failing.
Nothing was going the way it needed to.
Scratch that.
The way I thought it needed to.

Crazy how things work out, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. It is funny how many times in life a person might think things aren't going their way. . .only so they can be led to the way they need to be going.

    Thanks for the post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!