Monday, March 28, 2011

Sudden Impact

I've talked about this before, but it's just on my mind again today.

This morning I remembered I hadn't gotten my hands (ears?) on the new Yellowcard album, When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes. So while I got ready, I let it download.


It's wonderful.
I mean, very similar to everything else they've ever done.
But that's what I love about it.

As I listened to the new songs, I was instantly full of nostalgia.
Yellowcard (along with Angels & Airwaves) kind of defined my high school experience.
Our group of friends loved these bands and it's basically all we listened to.

Thinking of specific songs led to specific memories and emotions.
It's fascinating what one album can do and the impact you can have.

Class is over, so I'm going to go listen to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!