Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thoughts from My BlackBerry

Weird... Never posted from my phone before, haha.

I'm spending Easter weekend at my grandparent's house. I love it out here.

I could live here.
I love the small town, farm town feel.
The air smells of alfalfa, smoke, manure, fresh-cut grass, and sunshine.
Everyone knows everyone and everything going on in their lives.
Life out here revolves around planting and harvesting, rodeo and baseball, and all the latest gossip.

At this house, we watch hours of Law & Order, JAG, Walker, Texas Ranger, and all the super-sappy Hallmark Original Movies.
There is an endless supply of snacks and Dr. Pepper.
The three houses in a row tend to converge into one with people constantly coming and going, in and out.

I love it here.
Can I stay forever?

On a completely different train...
It's funny the times things will just click.
It's no secret to any of you the stress and frustration of dating (or lack thereof).
My best friend is engaged.
The other is in a serious relationship.
My ex is dating someone else now (and I had to find out in a really unfortunate way).
This leads to a lot of lonely weekend nights, and to put it bluntly - a lot of jealousy.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a wedding reception.
They are the perfect couple.
I've looked up to her as long as I've known her.
They are so happy and so in love. They are both in their 30s.
At the reception, a friend and I were talking about something Jenn had said.
She talked about how worth it everything was. All the lonely Saturdays, all the bad dates and breakups, totally worth it because of the man she finally ended up with.

Countless (ok, like 5) times tonight as I was watching the sappy movies my grandma and I love so much, I kept having the same thought.

Worth the wait.

While it all kind of sucks right now, I know it will all work out. It will all be my kind of perfect.

I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!