Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The One That Ended Up Rambling, So There is No Title

Here's the deal, folks.
Once I finally get my butt into gear and actually work out for once, I absolutely ADORE it.
Before, during and after all feel wonderful. Mild pain, but in an excellent sort of way.
So the question I pose to you.
Why in the world don't I do it consistently?
I'm really really good at finding excuses to not, but then when I do, I feel so much better about everything.
It is a stress reliever. Even after just one workout, I feel much more confident and prettier. It's just great.
My p.e classes for the semester started today. I'm taking zumba, and oh my lands people, I'm in LOVE. It's going to kick my trash (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I'm also taking flag football. Add in a little country dancing every week, and I'm telling ya, this is it. This is the semester to kick myself into gear.

I'm not one of those girls who obsesses over calories and cardio (obviously). For the most part I'm fine with how I look/feel, but the last few months (particularly last semester) were hard... Really hard actually.

I always kind of scoffed the people who claimed "season depression" as the root of their problems.
Turns out it's a real thing.
By February of this year, I was miserable.
I was tired. Tired of school, snow, cold and stress.
I lived life very much day-to-day, going to school, work, meetings, then just coming home and crawling in bed to watch of movie or something while I pretended to study.
I would randomly burst into tears and I usually am not the type to do that.
I was just feeling very blah about life.
Everyone was super busy and living their own crazy lives, so I had no one to really do anything with.
I was just mad at the world and I didn't know why.
The winter didn't seem like it was ever going to end.

The semester finally ended, and I was sure it would all be fixed right away, but then there was all sorts of drama the week after finals.

Summer was really good for me.
I got a break. I got some sunshine.
Then school started again. And that night before, I decided it was going to be different. I knew there were things I wanted to change so I'm going to make that happen.

ps. I love my internship. Greatest thing ever, and I know I've made the right career choice.
Also. I get to see some old dear friends tomorrow and I can't even wait. I haven't seen either of them in like 3 years. Not ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!