Monday, November 28, 2011

Complaining

Here's the thing.
Overall, I feel that I have a very high pain tolerance.
When I broke my arms (yes, plural) when I was seven, we didn't even think they were broken because it didn't hurt that bad.
My junior year when I got bit on the face by my dog, I just wanted to see inside all the layers of skin and everything.
I kind of love the pain of sore muscles that come from from an intense workout.
But you give me a mouthful of cankers/cold sores and I turn into a wimp.

When my mouth hurts, I feel like everything hurts.
I'm starving because I can't chew, or even swallow.
When I'm starving I get cranky.
I can't talk and my life requires too much talking for that to be the case.
I can't brush my teeth without bursting into tears.

I finally went to the doctor this morning to see what's really going on.
I thought it was an allergic reaction to something, but the doctor said it's probably more like a version of the virus that cause cold sores.
He said it was "the worst crop of sores he'd ever seen." (real comforting, right?)
I'm waiting on some prescriptions to make it hurt less, but apparently there's not really much I can do at this point. Things can only be done when I feel them start coming on.

So I will sit here and continue to be miserable.
And I'm sorry if you get tired of me complaining.
Lots of soup, ibuprofen, and a swollen face.
Chewing and swallowing aren't important anyway, right?

1 comment:

  1. you're way tougher than me.

    broken arms and dog bites would get me. along with cankers. so sorry girl. :(

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!