Thursday, November 10, 2011

On Being a Grown Up

This week I had to get used to saying "I'll be out of town for work this weekend."
Say what? Me??
Truth.

But here I sit, in a hotel in Laramie, Wyoming.

Turns out my bosses like and trust me enough that they chose to send me as the traveling SID with our women's basketball team.
It's their first roadtrip of the year and I get to be a part of it.
Tomorrow they play the University of Wyoming. Then it's off to Brookings, South Dakota to take on South Dakota State.

Now, yes, it means I'm missing tomorrow night's home game vs. BYU. Only a game I've been looking forward to for two years, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices, right?
Because hello, this says huge things about how my bosses feel about me.
Plus, this will be the ultimate test for if this is really what I want to do as a career.

I'm nervous as heck, but also stoked for this weekend.
Lots of basketball, lots of travel, lots of food.
All things I really like.
And all for free.
Love it.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Megan! What a fantastic experience you get to have. You impress the heck out of me girl. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave your thoughts!