Sunday, January 22, 2012

An Unexpected Adventure

On Friday morning, I woke up, went to my two classes, and headed to work.
As I went about my morning, I thought about all the nothing I had going on for the weekend.
Around 11:30, I got a phone call asking what I was doing this weekend and if I wanted to go to Texas instead.
Some things had come up at work, requiring things and people to be shuffled around with the different teams and their games.
So two hours after that phone call, I found myself on a bus on the way to Salt Lake.
By 7, I was in Dallas.

Since this wasn't my first rodeo of SID-ing, I felt much more comfortable and confident coming into the trip.
The team and coaches are all super friendly and took me right in like I'd been a part of them forever.

On Friday night, we were talking about the plans for before Saturday's meet.
Coach was talking about how much it was killing him to be this close to Cowboys Stadium and not go.
I jumped in saying the same thing.
Then we found out the stadium was only 14 miles from the airport, where someone had to go to pick up another coach.
At that moment, we knew it was going to happen.

You guys, Cowboys Stadium is like a dream come true for me.
Every football season, I sit on a couch watching my boys play, wishing I could be there in person.
Even when this spontaneous trip came up, I didn't even fathom that we would get to go to the stadium. This was a work trip, after all.

You pay just a simple $17 and you have at it.
From the field to the locker rooms to the media room to the tunnel, you see it all...






Dream job... Maybe one day I'll get to do real interviews with real Cowboys in this room... 

Game time!




 You guys. It's for real so huge. I can't even believe it.

Fact. The best $17 I've ever spent.
And then I had to buy a $20 t-shirt. 
Because I mean, how can you not? 

From there, it was off to the gymnastics meet. 
The thing about going on these trips, is that it's a chance to pretend to be all grown up. 
I get to get all dressed up and walk around confidently and like I know what I'm doing. 
Yet, on the inside, I'm giddy and panicky and thrilled all at the same time. 
It's always a reminder that I am doing what I want to do.
Any day I question it - and the crazy hours and lack of money - I can think back to these trips and remember that it's what I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!