Monday, November 5, 2012

Aggie Spirit

You guys. I love my school.
So, so much. 

This was a crazy week in the world of Aggie athletics. 
We hosted the WAC soccer tournament. 
There was a home football game as well as basketball games for both teams. 
Volleyball was also playing on the road. 

It meant a lot of work hours. 
A lot of caffeine and not a lot of sleep. 

But let me tell you, there's something special about this place. 

It was just the second basketball game (and an exhibition at that) and already, the magic of the Spectrum is back. 
As I sold programs I talked to the regulars. 
The man who helped build the Spectrum and has sat in the same seat at every game for 47 years. 
The man who always reminds me to smile. 
The one always asking if I have a boyfriend yet. 
The kids who are there for their first time. 
The feeling in the air of the new season. 

To be there, having come straight from a football game where we destroyed yet another opponent was great. 
The fact that it's November, the sun was still shining, and our team was still winning was a whole series of miracles regarding Aggie football. 
For the first time since 1978, Utah State has won 8 football games. 
We are well on our way to one of the most successful seasons ever. 

The Utah State soccer team are the WAC CHAMPS!
This afternoon they defeated No. 19 Denver to claim the title and an automatic NCAA Tournament bid. 
Those girls have worked so hard and deserve this.
They have an incredible program. 


With a win over New Mexico State yesterday, the volleyball team has at least a share of the WAC title. 
They have just two matches left, and unless something goes terribly wrong, the title is theirs. 

When you have this much success in just a four-day stretch, it makes the long days worth it. 
While people were tired, everything went smoothly and no one was stressed. 
We enjoyed our work. 

As the soccer team celebrated their win today, and had so many fans celebrate with them, I couldn't help but get a little emotional. 
The support for these athletic programs, regardless of their success, is amazing to watch. 


(photo credit: Amber Rae Childers... who doesn't know I borrowed this)

I love Utah State. 
My time here has been incredible and something I would be perfectly happy to never see end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!