Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homecoming 2010

There's something wonderful about Homecoming week.
There's a certain crisp in the air.
It is a week full of traditions.
It is a week to come together as an Aggie family.

I love the excuse to get dressed up for the dance.
I love the excuse to kiss a random stranger I'll probably never see again.
I love being involved in so many aspects of the week.

It's a very emotional week for me.
Especially the Saturday stuff.
Weird, I know.

This morning was the traditional parade.
I was driving a car full of Aggies (the Alumni Association director, his wife, and their grandkids) down Main Street, I got to watch a lot of people.
There's something truly beautiful about hundreds of people all dressed in Aggie Blue, cheering for everyone who comes by.
I saw an adorable family getting their picture taken. It was a three-generation group, and it was a beautiful sight.
I may or may not have teared up a little.
Don't judge.

After the parade I headed to Romey Stadium where they were unveiling the new Merlin Olsen statue.
(I'll do a whole post of that sometime this week.)

I stood through the longest, most miserable football game of my life.
(maybe next to the San Jose game from last year...)
I froze. I was soaking wet.

But I loved every second of this week.

I love this time of year.
I love the leaf crunching and puddle jumping.
I love my birthday.
I love Homecoming.
I love being an Aggie.

1 comment:

Show some love and leave your thoughts!