Monday, December 27, 2010

Reminiscence Part 2

I read this book for the first time in 5th grade.

(by the way, I've read it at least 12 times since then...)

That year ended up having a huge influence on me. 
5th grade was my favorite year of school. 
It was Miss Adamson's first year teaching, but you wouldn't have known it if you watched her teach. 

She read us Ella Enchanted, The Witch of Blackbird Pond (another favorite) and made it all so magical. 
5th grade was the year I discovered my passion for history, especially of America... Colonial times, the Civil War, and WWII. To this day, I love it all, thanks to her. 

That was the year we almost moved to the East Coast.
She was there.
That was the year my grandma died.
She was there. 

She was always there. She was my hero that year and I will always admire her. 
We've stayed close and I love that.
I want to be like her when I grow up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!