Monday, December 27, 2010

Reminiscence Part 4


Picture waking up to the sound of a paintball gun going off (only you don't realize that's what it is...)
In the morning, you look outside and see a splat like this one (only mine was lime green) on your bedroom window.
Small traces of this bright green still remain on my window screen.

Now, some people may be upset by this random act of "vandalism," but for me it was an awesome realization.
I have some great friends.

It hasn't been confirmed, but I'm pretty sure Elder Brown and Elder Wilson were the culprits.

This is just one example of the shenanigans my friends and I would get involved in.
There were countless injuries, run-ins with police, and crazy nights, but I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

My junior and senior years were incredible. Especially after my sophomore year.
These were the years I got really close with these people who changed my life.
They are people I hope will be a part of my life forever.
(maybe some in different ways than others...?)

There weren't many girls my age in our group, but that was entirely ok.
Age didn't matter.
We all stuck together as friends, as family.

The boys all went on to serve missions, but are slowly returning home to our desert.

Everyone is off at school... UofA, Pima, BYU, EA, Utah State, etc.
We don't see each other a lot, but the times that we do get to come back together are some of the best.
We play soccer and dodgeball, the boys do a good job of trying to hurt each other, we laugh and have a fantastic time.

They are wonderful people and each one of them holds a small piece of my heart.
I honestly don't know where or who I'd be if it weren't for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!