Thursday, June 28, 2012

In Tribute

“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” 

It's not often that I am seriously affected by the death of someone famous.
(though I will always remember the moment I heard Heath Ledger had died)
But then Tuesday night I saw on the Twitter that Nora Ephron has passed away.

My love of Nora Ephron movies is no secret
(see?) (and this?)
The woman was incredible.

Nora wrote about strong women, being strong women.
Her characters were still soft and feminine
They were women who were strong, but weren't afraid to be female.

Her writing was quick and witty and smart.
Her characters were not your stereotypical damsel in distress.
They were there to fight and do their thing, and if they found love while doing it, then great.

“Reading is everything. Reading makes me feel like I've
accomplished something, learned something, become a better person.”
 

Nora is a woman I would have wanted to be friends with.
She created women I want to be friends with.
I am going to watch as many of her movies as I can this weekend.
Her book (this one!) is in the mail.

She was a journalist and a writer.
A role model.
And she will be missed.

Thank your, Nora Ephron, thank your.


“My mother wanted us to understand that the tragedies of your life one day have to potential to be the comic stories the next.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave your thoughts!